As a Shopify Expert and long time user I have learned and overcame some of the pitfalls of the Shopify ecommerce platform. Many of my clients ask me each day “What Shopify is capable of doing?” and the answer is “it can do a lot!”. However there are some features that many users (self included) find it lacks and I would like to summarize them in this blog post.
- Sub Categorization
- Customization of Checkout Page fields
- The ability to natively bundle items together without an external app
- The ability to easily allow for discount and coupon codes
- The ability to add more than one item to the cart at a time
- Customer support request tracking
- The ability to enable and disable a sales campaign
- Advanced Product filtering
- The ability to submit your shops products to feed engines like Google Shopping
- The ability to have unlimited variant options.
These are just a few things I have seen that are in demand by Shopify merchants. There seems to be no effort to support these features natively by Shopify so a 3rd party app is the only solution.
Maybe this post will reach the desk of Shopify and possibly spark the interest of some of their product engineer